Do you ever have one of those days where anyone and everyone is on your last nerve? I had one the other day. I felt like Sansa when she *thinks* she hears a noise and goes running to the window to check if anyone is in our driveway and when there’s not, decides to check the window to the back porch, and when there’s no one there she just keeps going back and forth between the two, determined that SOMETHING is out there and it’s pissing her off. That was me, being irrationally mad at the world. Unlike Sansa, I had actual causers, however, had I not been resolute in my desire to be in my idgaf mood, I probably wouldn’t have been so upset by them. There is something encouraging about my mood that day, despite my negativity. My typical response to stress is to shut down, go to sleep, maybe even cry (not very often), so being able to be really angry felt good, in a weird way. I rarely have strong emotions anymore and having them makes me feel human. I had to teach yoga that night and we were starting a new routine, which always stresses me out, and I’m sure, added to my moodiness of the day. I really wasn’t feeling it but when I commit to doing something, I do it. So I went to class and had a great turnout. That alone lifted my mood and by the time I got home I wasn’t cranky anymore and actually felt pretty happy. Have you heard the saying, “You’re one workout away from a good mood?” I can testify to that statement. Although, I must say that it depends on your workout preference for whether or not you’ll really benefit from it, mentally anyway. You always benefit from a workout physically. What I mean is, I don’t enjoy high impact exercising anymore. I used to be a cardio queen but just the thought of jumping and doing burpees now is enough to make me feel queasy. I enjoy yoga though. A walk can also lift my spirits. Exercising doesn’t require some big plan. Just get up. Go do something. It will help, I promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment